viernes, 1 de mayo de 2015

Light of my life, fire of my loins.


My fellow readers, I am excited to tell you that I’ve finally started reading this marvelous novel. To start off posting I started with chapters 1-8 of the book. Unfortunately Lolita wasn’t there yet, she’s mentioned numerous times but all we can observe is Humbert’s massive obsession and his own personal experience. These few chapters brought some questions to my mind, endless questions. Humbert tells the story about how Lolita wasn’t the first young girl he met and how he called them nymphets. He tells us how he observed the girls in the playground which seems quite terrific even for me, using the quote “Let them play around me forever. Never grow up”. But there’s something about Humbert that just doesn’t fit quite right, a certain “Je ne sais pas”, as he would say. For some of you I’m sure he’ll already be a sick man by now, but I won’t judge him. I think there’s more to know about Humbert than just this background. While I was reading Humbert’s story I couldn’t stop asking myself: Why? Of all the nymphets he mentions, why Lolita? Why was Lolita the one? In a strange way I love how he gets when he speaks of Lolita, he gets jumpy and nervous. I must admit I’m excited and I can’t wait till’ I meet Lolita too. I just have to know why? I must get to understand how Humbert could revive his adolescent lover 20 years later with the wonderful... Beautiful Dolores? 
After few chapters, I’ve met Lolita and she’s not what I expected her to be. Lolita seems to be quite simple and funny. I like how she doesn’t even care about the smallest thing. Lolita just wants to have fun all the time, no matter what. I thought she would’ve been a little more seductive and provocative. But I see her as an innocent girl; I think she doesn’t even imagine what’s going on inside Humbert’s mind. She’s just playing around and being herself. Still, at the last chapter before she leaves to camp she kisses Humbert, was she playing silly all this time? Or is it just something she did out of nowhere? Related to Humbert, I’m in love with his passion. I’m in love with every single word he says when he talks about Lolita. I’ve never heard anything quite like it, but this illusion ends right up when he refers to her as a “Nymphet” and I automatically remember how old is him. I’m eager to see what happens next, I want to know Lolita itself, the beautiful nymphet Humbert talks about. I think in these chapters I’ve met Lo so far. 

2 comentarios:

  1. Wow! This is great! Now it seems like he is wacko ... or is only my impression.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Now I have to add this book to my list.. Good job!!

    ResponderEliminar