viernes, 15 de mayo de 2015

We are lovers, aren't we?

My fellow readers, could it be possible that Humbert’s obsession has become one of mine? I’ve been so obsessed with the book that I’ve even met Lolita and Humbert in my dreams. It was amazing, without a doubt. Lolita! Oh Lolita! Ever since she left to Camp Q she’s been missing. I’ve missed her for the last 7 first chapters I started with. Humbert and Charlotte or as I should call them now, The Humberts were the main attention. Humbert is incredibly stupid sometimes, but that’s what they say about love… it makes you stupid. He agreed to marry Lolita’s mother to be closer to Lolita, I know, a little too much for me. But I understand him, everything was so fast and losing Lolita was way worse than marrying the big Haze woman. I adored how he observed Charlotte and how he compared every move with Lolita’s moves. I must say Humbert is a stupid man, a crazy man, but he is in love and that’s why I understand him. I like that he’s so aficionate and proposed.  But everything falls when Charlotte finds his journal. Now I must say he’s a lucky man, I don’t know how and I don’t know why, but his plan turned more than better with the big Haze out of the picture. 
I must admit I was a bit angry at Humbert, for acting so normal after Charlotte died. But I guess he never cared at all. Lolita on the other hand was part of these chapters right in the final moments. But I've been able to answer my previous questions, Lolita isn't innocent at all. She's special without any doubt. She keeps playing around with Humbert’s feelings and emotions, she changed completely. It’s funny sometimes but it bothers me her childish behavior, but then I wake up and realize: God! She’s a child! And I’m thinking like this because Humbert has made me think of Lolita as she’s a woman. I feel confused because sometimes I want myself wanting this relationship between Humbert and Lolita and I feel bad for him for the way Lolita’s playing around. It’s amazing how I started wanting to talk and to get to know Lolita as if I was her friend, but right now I find myself trying to understand Humbert more than Lolita. Anyways, Lolita has changed. She’s no longer that little nymphet for me, she’s showing me her true colors right now and I’m still arguing with myself If I like them or not.


2 comentarios:

  1. Don't stop obsessing about lolita, don't ever stop thinking about her! i myself am wondering in her lovely world, finished lolita a week ago, watched her movies and i'm now reading lo's diary. if you really want to know more about this girl you need to read this book!!! her thoughts are beautiful and she writes them down without the corrupt obsessions humbert had for her. also listen to lana del frey's lolita (the album version is the best) and to lolita sang by the veronicas! i'd love to read more about your perspective about this girl! please continue writing about her

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I honestly think Humbert's not insane. It would be different if Lolita acted like a child.. like playing with dolls and sucking her thumb, but she is aware of the power she has over him. I love her, but more, I feel him so close to me. It's weird, I know..

    ResponderEliminar